SEROZINC - IS THE HYPE WORTH IT?


Hi guys, as you read this I am on holiday in sunny Mallorca (not to rub it in). So I've set this blog post to post whilst I lounge on my sunbed! Anyway... I have read numerous blog posts and watched many youtube videos of beauty gurus raving about the La Roche Posay Serozinc Toner. It sounded like the miracle product that I was after! So to my excitement, I managed to find a deal that was two 125ml bottles for £10 on Escentual.com instead of buying one in boots for around £8! You know how much I love a bargain. So the question you all want to know, is it actually worth the hype?

My answer is no. I have never been more disappointed with a product. The toner claims to purify your skin, refine the appearance of pores and eliminate any oiliness. Many people have claimed that this toner has magically cleared their skin blah blah... but I saw no change in my skin at all. I haven't suffered from many spots at the moment so maybe thats why I haven't seen any change as there has been nothing to clear up? But this was just one big disappointment. Personally, I think this product maybe one of those mind over matter products... I really wanted it to work and tried to convince myself it was but it really didn't.

Be warned, it sprays generously... as I found out when I used it for the first time and I soaked my face with the stuff. It also gets in my hair :( I also think that La Roche Posay's packaging looks so cheap and tacky. I have a few other products from them (which I'm also not a fan of and did nothing for my skin) and I just hate the blue and white colour scheme. I think its safe to say I won't be purchasing anymore of their skin care range! (I'm also now stuck with two bottles of this stuff, I don't even think i'll finish one bottle!)

Have you guys tried it? Did it work for you? Let me know!

With love,
Katie xo

8 comments

  1. Wow, sounds very disappointing indeed!! Whenever I've tried any toner waters etc I just found them to be cold and salty!? hahaha, no actual change to my skin at all. Thanks for the heads up! x

    Katina | www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes this was salty! When I first used it, I was like what the hell is this taste haha! xo

      Delete
  2. What a shame it didn't work!
    I feel sometimes the most hyped products are often the ones that really don't do a thing and leave you wondering what all the fuss was about!!
    Think I'll be skipping this one, thanks for sharing!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so disappointed! Yes I agree, hyped products get your hopes up too much! Thanks of the comment Rachel xo

      Delete
  3. I've been waiting to try this when it's finally available in my area because of all the hype this products is getting, but now I need to consider buying it. Overall I love La Roche Posay products, but it's obvious there is no brand that has all their stuff on point.

    If you'd like you could check out my new blog arabesque - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do your research before buying! However, it might work well on your skin who knows! If you do buy it, let me know how you get on! xo

      Delete
  4. It's always the worst when you buy something and really want to love it but it just doesn't work out! I've heard so many amazing things about this spray, but it's nice to know that maybe it isn't such a "miracle product" after all. Thanks for sharing lovely! x Krista

    I'd love it if you'd take a look at my blog if you have the time! xo
    www.lovekrista.com | bloglovin’: Love, Krista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! Such a let down! Thanks for the comment Krista xo

      Delete