MY HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT


 I recently went on a University trip to London to see the Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty Exhibition at the V&A (which was amazing btw). We had some time to kill before hand so of course a quick trip to Harrods to look at all the things we couldn't afford was obligatory. After waltzing around for half an hour drooling over everything, we found MAC (you can guess how excited this made me).

As my friends were trying out the lipsticks, I thought I'd have a little look at what else they had to offer. This is when I came across this beauty. I've heard nothing but good things about this product so I thought I'd give it a go. It was quite a spontaneous purchase but I'm so glad I bought it! I was a little late to the whole highlight thing and at christmas my boyfriend bought me Benefit's High Beam Highlight. I love this highlight under my brows but I wasn't as keen with the finish it gave me on the tops of my cheeks. So I avoided putting highlight on my cheeks until I came across this product. I thought that the powder substance was more ideal in comparison to liquid like High Beam. 

(Apologies for the blurriness, I took about 5000 photos and they all came out slightly blurry - I will never master the art of photography)

I bought it in the shade 'Soft and Gentle' and I would describe it as a warm, gold, peachy toned highlight. It does look very glittery when its in the packaging, however once you apply it to the skin, it gives a subtle healthy glow. I think that it is perfect for daily wear aswell as using it for a night out. Personally, I like to use a little under my brows for every day and then on more special occasions I add more/apply it to the tops of my cheeks. I can already tell that this is going to last me a lifetime as a little goes a long way - it is very pigmented so you only need one or two swipes of it at a time. It was £23 and is worth every penny. I am completely obsessed with this product & I'm super excited to apply this on holiday when I have a tan.

I found this product super easy to apply - especially under my brows with my finger. I also bought MAC's 188 Small Duo Fibre Face Brush to sweep it across the top of my cheeks as it was recommended by the lady that served me. It is a flat-topped, circular brush which is perfect for any lightweight application. However, when I got to the till the brush was more expensive than the highlight and this made me choke a little lol. Seeing as I didn't have any MAC brushes, I thought I'd go ahead and treat myself *forever justifying*. The brush is soooooo soft and I do love it, however I think I could of found a brush which was cheaper that would of done just as good a job (I think a fan brush would also be perfect). 


This is my holy grail product & I would definitely recommend! 

With love,
Katie xo

No comments